[ELIXIR-ITA_ml] Training Course on Best practices for RNA-Seq data analysis

General ELIXIR-Italy Mailing list elixir-ita_ml.elixir-ita.cnr.it a srv00.area.ba.cnr.it
Mer 12 Lug 2017 12:49:05 CEST

COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT

Please circulate this email to those who might be interested.

ELIXIR-IIB, in collaboration with University of Salerno, Italy,

is pleased to announce the upcoming training course on "Best practices
for RNA-Seq data analysis".

IMPORTANT DATES:

Course date:                   27-29 SEPTEMBER 2017

Deadline for applications:     11 September 2017

  Selection will start on July 20th and those with an adequate profile
will be accepted immediately, until we reach 25 participants.

  VENUE: Campus di Fisciano, University of Salerno, Via Giovanni Paolo II
n. 132, 84084 Fisciano (SA), Italy.

  Full details at:
https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/2017/09/27/RNA-seq-Salerno.html
[2] [3]

COURSE DESCRIPTION:

The aim of this course is to get a deeper understanding of RNA-Seq
experiments, providing a theoretical introduction to the data processing
steps, together with practical sessions illustrating the use of the most
popular data analysis TOOLS. Starting from the raw sequenced data coming
from different phenotypical samples (e.g disease vs healthy control
samples), genes which are differentially expressed between the two
conditions are determine.

COURSE OBJECTIVES

Students will gain an understanding of:

- experimental design - quality control

- theoretical principles of RNA-Seq data analysis process - how to
identify differentially regulated genes

- how to identify alternative splicing events - how to identify gene
fusion events

- multiple testing correction - biological interpretation of RNA-seq
data

  Should you have any question, do not hesitate to contact the ELIXIR-IIB
Training Team (elixir.ita.training a gmail.com) and/or the local organiser
Dr. Anna Marabotti (amarabotti a unisa.it).

Thank you for your interest,

the Organisers and the ELIXIR Training Team

Anna Marabotti (ELIXIR Training Team and University of Salerno, Italy)

Loredana Le Pera (ELIXIR Training Team and IIT, Italy)

Links:
------
[1] http://www.unisa.it/docenti/annamarabotti/index
[2]
https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/2017/09/27/RNA-seq-Salerno.html
[3]
https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/2017/09/04/MachineLearning-Trento.html

--
Federico Zambelli, Ph.D.

ELIXIR-IIB Technical Coordinator

Bioinformatics, Evolution and Comparative Genomics Lab,
Dept. of Biosciences - www.bioscienze.bio
University of Milano - Italy

Our comforting conviction that the world makes sense rests
on a secure foundation: our almost unlimited ability to
ignore our ignorance.