[ELIXIR-ITA_ml] Fwd: [Compute] Cloud Resources through Helix Nebula project

General ELIXIR-Italy Mailing list elixir-ita_ml.elixir-ita.cnr.it a srv00.area.ba.cnr.it
Mer 9 Maggio 2018 14:44:04 CEST

Dear Elixir,

EMBL have been part of the Helix Nebula Science Cloud project over the
last 2 years to procure commercial cloud resources for 'big science'. We
are now entering the phase where the procured cloud resources will
become available for use beyond the current test cases. Access to these
cloud resources will require an ELIXIR ID and you will need to be
allocated cloud resources for you to use.

We are expecting to have access from June for about 6 months to
significant resources (~1000 cores & 1PB of storage) from a number cloud
providers that are part of the consortium. EMBL is co-funding these
cloud resources (with the EC) as part of this per-commercial procurement
project and agreed to let projects from the ELIXIR community use a
portion of these cloud resources. Access and use of these cloud
resources will be coordinated through the TSC team at EMBL-EBI.

If you have cloud workloads that are ready or can be made ready please
get in touch with me. Your local ELIXIR node may be able to help migrate
or tune your workloads for the cloud resources. A training session will
take place at the ELIXIR All Hands meeting in Berlin in June. We do not
foresee any charge for the use of these cloud resources.

Please feel free to forward this within your node, to other communities
or platforms.

Thanks
Steven
--
Steven Newhouse, Head of Technical Services
European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI),