[ELIXIR-ITA_ml] [ELIXIR-EXCELERATE] Train-the-Trainer courses 2018: ERRATUM

General ELIXIR-Italy Mailing list elixir-ita_ml.elixir-ita.cnr.it a srv00.area.ba.cnr.it
Mar 3 Lug 2018 13:02:51 CEST

Dear All,

we are resending the announcement for ELIXIR-EXCELERATE Train the Trainer
courses 2018 with the following changes:

1. The wording "ELIXIR-EXCELERATE Train the Trainer Exchange Programme" was
wrong and it has been amended to read as follows: ELIXIR Staff Exchange
Programme Travel Grant
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YbbHoH2YYbM6sbPGypOTkIcNToYXo5XPcn99CSVQXlQ/edit#heading=h.5c3gjfr9l7gm>
and
linked to the correct page. *The previous GitHub link to the Staff Exchange
Programme does not work anymore*.

2. An ELIXIR-EXCELERATE TtT course taking place in Belgium in August has
been added.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the previous announcement.

Thank you for your understanding.

COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT

Please circulate this email to those who might be interested.

ELIXIR-EXCELERATE is pleased to announce the following Train the Trainer
(TtT) events:

- August 20-21, 2018
Venue: Antwerp, Belgium
Full details and the application form at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/e
lixir-excelerate-train-the-trainer-registration-45758467809

- September 27-28, 2018
Venue: Italian National Research Council (CNR), Rome, Italy
   Full details and the application form at:  https://elixir-iib-training.g
ithub.io/website/2018/09/27/train-the-trainer-rome.html

-  October 9-11, 2018 (2 days)
   Venue: Science for Life Laboratory, Solna, Sweden
   Full details and the application form at: https://elixir-iib-training.gi
thub.io/website/2018/10/09/train-the-trainer-stockholm.html

COURSE DESCRIPTION:

The course is organized around four sessions, covering:

* Learning principles and how they apply to training and teaching

* Teaching techniques that can be used to enhance learner engagement and
participation

* Assessment and feedback in training and teaching

* Lesson, course, and materials design

Examples and discussions will also focus on the challenges presented by
academic teaching.

Who may be interested in this course?

Whoever wants to become a teacher or a better one. If you have questions
like the following ones, this course may be very helpful to you.

* How learning works?

* How can I use learning principles to improve my teaching?

* How can I make my teaching more engaging and effective?

* How should I adjust my teaching to different types of learners?

* How can I help slow learners?

* How can I assess whether my students are actually understanding my

 lessons? Are they actually learning?

* What is the best balance between theory and practice?

* How can I best assess whether learning is occurring and/or has occurred?

* What works in a classroom and what doesn’t?

* Etc.

This course is meant to offer guidance, ideas and tips for
training/teaching design, development and delivery based on research-driven
educational principles. There is no course attendance fee. The participants
will need to bear their travel, hotel (if any) and meal costs. Candidates
from ELIXIR nodes might apply for an ELIXIR Staff Exchange Programme Travel
Grant
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YbbHoH2YYbM6sbPGypOTkIcNToYXo5XPcn99CSVQXlQ/edit#heading=h.5c3gjfr9l7gm>
when
they fill their application form.

We apologise for cross-posting.
Please, email us back with the word REMOVE as the subject line, if you
don't want to receive messages from ELIXIR-IIB Training anymore.

Thank you for your interest,

kind regards,
Loredana Le Pera.
(ELIXIR-IIB Training Coordinator Deputy)

--
*ELIXIR-IIB Training *
https://elixir-iib-training.github.io/website/